Construction chemical manufacturer, Mapei, has launched its new Resilient line of state-of-the-art flooring solutions that have been specially developed to meet modern flooring requirements.
These all-new formulations have been specially developed for new kinds of flooring that have become available in recent years, such as laminates, new vinyl and polymer types and a host of others that require improved solutions to ensure simplified, faster and more durable installations.
“Modern flooring requirements are changing, and traditional screeds, adhesives, grout and sealants have simply not kept up with the pace of change. Our new Resilient line finally addresses the issues that installers are faced with when installing these new floors and has developed truly innovative solutions that not only speed up and simplify installations, put improve the overall appearance and quality of these jobs,” says Mapei commercial manager, Tracy Harris.
In recent years the popularity of new flooring types such as wood laminates, vinyl’s and textiles has exploded due to the rich host of types and textures that are available. But, when it comes to levelling and finishing surfaces the traditional methods are simply not up to the task and can make the job difficult and time consuming or even completely unsuitable for the job at hand.
Mapei’s solution has been to develop a large range of products to cater specifically for these new flooring types to become more viable and popular locally. The Resilient range includes floor preparation products such as self-levelling screeds, levelling compounds, crack and joint repairs and sealers, as well as bonding agents for various surface and flooring types.
An equally wide range of adhesives has also been developed for all types of flooring materials including textiles, rubber, luxury vinyl tiles (LVT), linoleum, PVC, all types of carpets and more. In line with all Mapei Resilient Line products, the adhesives and flooring solutions are free of harmful chemicals and manufactured in accordance within Mapei’s sustainability and environmentally friendly guidelines.
“With such a wide range of new products available we are actively encouraging building professionals and flooring contractors and installers to contact us and discuss suitable solutions for their future applications. In most instances we will be able to guarantee them faster, easier installations with products that are more durable in the long run,” adds Tracy.
The Resilient Line includes:
- PrimerG – Synthetic resin-based water-dispersion primer with very low volatile organic compound (VOC)
- Eco Prim Grip – Multi-purpose, ready-to-use bonding promoter primer with a very low emission of volatile organic compounds (VOC) for render, smoothing and levelling compounds and adhesives for ceramic tiles.
- Eco Prim PU1K – One component, solvent free, moisture curing polyurethane primer with very low emission of volatile organic compounds (VOC) for consolidating and waterproofing cementitious screeds.
- Epo Rip – Two component solvent-free epoxy adhesive for construction joints and for monolithic sealing of cracks in screeds.
- Epo Rip SCR – Two component, quick-hardening, urethane-silicate resin for sealing cracks and joints in screeds and for small repairs.
- Ultraplan Eco – Self-levelling, ultra-quick-hardening smoothing compound for thicknesses from 1 to 10 mm, with very low emission level of volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- Mapecem Pronto – Pre-blended, ready-to-use, quick-setting and drying (24 hours), controlled-shrinkage mortar for screeds.
- Planipatch Fast track – Fine-grained, ultra-quick drying, thixotropic cementitious smoothing compound.
- Planiprep 4 LVT – Ready-to-use grout smoother for loose-lay LVT.
- Adisilex G19 – Two-component, epoxy-polyurethane adhesive for resilient and textile flooring.
- Adisilex G19 Fast – Fast setting, two component, epoxy polyurethane adhesive for resilient and textile flooring.
- Ultrabond Eco MS 4 LVT Wall – One-component, silylated polymer-based adhesive for laying LVT on walls.
- Ultrabond Eco MS 4 LVT – One-component, silylated polymer-based adhesive for LVT.
- Ultrabond TX57 – High and fast initial grab adhesive for textile and linoleum floorings.
- Ultrabond V4 SP – Universal very high-performance adhesive for resilient floor coverings.
- Mapecoat 4 LVT – Two component aliphatic, anti-slip polyurethane finish in water dispersion for LVT.
- Ultrabond Eco Contact – Solvent-free contact adhesive for resilient and textile floor and wall coverings.
- Ultrabond Eco Tack – Acrylic tackifier dispersed in water with a very low emission level of volatile organic compounds (VOC), for self-laying textile tiles